Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mysophobia...

...otherwise known as germophobia, is the fear of germs or being contaminated with germs...you would think that someone with this illness wouldn't want anyone touching their stuff, right?? well then why do people come into my room, touch my clothes, sit on my bed, move stuff around, and release all kinds of bodily gasses into my breathing air?? ive made it quite clear over the years that im mysophobic, but no one seems to want to respect that...you may think that its a lifestyle choice that i can control, but if you've ever had a phobia or any kind of mental illness, or even an addiction, you should know that it is completely out of my control...i cant just NOT think about the germs that are all over people and that are floating around in the air or forming colonies on every surface in the house...its basically a part of my genetic makeup; my brain has been programed to think this way, and i cant help it...

what i don't get is why its so hard for so many people to respect that i don't want their germs on me...in most cases, its nothing personal (you'll know if its personal cuz ill tell you), but i just don't like germs...i usually will give people instructions on how not to give me a heart attack when they're around me, so theres really no excuse for anyone not following the simple guidelines i give them...here are some basic ones:

  1. wash your hands
  2. if you touch my computer, spray it with Lysol afterwards
  3. use hand sanitizer
  4. dont touch my food
  5. dont touch my clothes
  6. sit on one of the many chairs i have in my room, NOT on my bed
  7. put the cover down on the toilet before you flush it
  8. dont touch my personal supply of cups
  9. cover your mouth/nose when you sneeze/cough/burp and use hand sanitizer or wash your hands afterwards
  10. leave the room to release any other bodily gasses (im not one of those immature people who will make a big deal out of it; i just dont wanna breathe it in)
i think a lot of these should be pretty standard as far as hygiene goes, to be totally honest...sure, some of them may seem a bit excessive (like the cups), but to me, it sounds completely normal...

also, i would like to point out that CLEAN and NEAT/ORGANIZED are completely different things...CLEAN is a mysophobe's best friend...it's like the absence of germs, or at least a majority of them...NEAT is when everything is in its place...most people seem to think that its hypocritical of me to have an unorganized room and call myself mysophobic, but i would like to point out that everything in my room is CLEAN, even the floor...trust me, i make sure of that...if i have a clean blanket on a clean floor, it doesn't mean my room is dirty; it means my room is unorganized...

i just thought id share this since SOME people have decided that my mental health is of no importance recently and have been breaking every single one of my rules (i only listed the 10 basic ones)...i just wanted to make sure everyone was clear on the fact that i hate germs and that im prone to panic attacks when i become contaminated with other people's germs...

No comments:

Post a Comment