Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Catching You Up

Okay, so I realize it's been a while since I've posted anything, but really there's nothing going on here worth talking about. My trip to Vermont back in July was just as bad as I'd imagined, and I'll hopefully have a post up about it soon (read: if I ever get around to it). I still have yet to start school again, but I DO have all of the necessary materials. Except a desk. That's really the only reason I haven't started; it's not like I can do my work at the kitchen table, surrounded by half-eaten brownies (Jameson) and various Justin Bieber posters (Veronica).

On a different note, my older brother has moved back in, so I've given up my room in the basement for one at the top of the stairs. The good part is that I still have my own bathroom and I'm just down the hall from the laundry room. The bad thing is that, yet again, I have a door that doesn't lock. Also, the walls are paper thin, so I can't listen to music at 3am and expect not to wake anyone up. I kind of wish I'd stayed downstairs with all the bugs.

Another horrible thing about having my brother live here is the abuse. Okay, so maybe abuse is too strong of a word, but it's still bad. On about a weekly basis, I find myself being pelted with Nerf darts and criticized for my taste in books and movies. Of course, Jameson finds this all hilarious. I just find it rude.

The only other thing that I can think of to talk about is the arrival of our new sugar gliders. Their names are Al and Scylla (everyone else calls the boy Joey, but I've renamed him), and they are beasts. Al's not so bad, but Scylla was very accurately named. She became Scylla after attacking everyone and developing an "I will fight you" face. I felt it was only appropriate to name her after a monster from Greek mythology, since she's a lot like me, and I'm fascinated by it.

So, now I've pretty much caught you up on everything that's been happening. Next post will take a look into the mind of a mentally unstable person. Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment